We are DOUBLING the Impact on our PAWs Therapy Dog Program
The Chris Center PAWS Therapy Dog Program supports student wellness by providing middle school and high school students an opportunity to interact with registered therapy dogs during school or extracurricular activities. These student-dog interactions can reduce stress, enhance social interactions, provide motivation for learning, and bring joy and comfort to students.
We pride ourselves on being on the front end of the mental health crisis among teens and pre-teens. With YOUR help we can paws-itively DOUBLE the efforts and impact of our powerful PAWs Therapy Dog Program in the next 6 weeks by raising $10,000 to provide:
- Resources for certification fees and training
- Therapy dog vests
- School visits
- Handler and canine recruiting
- ...and more!
How does your investment make a difference?
- DOUBLING our Dog Therapy Teams = 30 handlers and certified therapy dogs providing student wellness + comfort within our partner schools.
- DOUBLING our partner schools = 8 middle schools and/or high schools that our Dog Therapy Teams will visit.
- DOUBLING our student impact = 6000 student-dog interactions for teens + pre-teens to experience the benefit of the powerful human-canine bond.
- DOUBLING our faculty-dog interactions = 1000 interactions within our PAWs Therapy Program
Your support will make a PAWsome impact on our mission and reach!